Welcome to the website of the Supramolecular Chemistry group at the Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Ghent University. The research group was started July 2010 and focuses on the development of adaptive and responsive materials inspired by natural self-assembly processes. This research goal is pursued by combining directional supramolecular interactions with well-defined polymeric building blocks and responsive polymer structures.
- 06/2014: Qilu's paper on UV-switchable UCST polymers is accepted in European Polymer Journal
- 06/2014: The name of our department has officially been changed to 'Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry'
- 04/2014: Victor's paper on 'Programmable Polymer-Based Supramolecular Temperature Sensor with a Memory Function' is published online in Angew Chem Int Ed
- 03/2014: Review on 'Thermoresponsive poly(oligoethylene glycol acrylate)s' by Gertjan and Daniel published online in Prog Polymer Sci
- 02/2014: Review on 'The chemistry of tissue adhesive materials' by Petra published online in Prog Polym Sci
- 05/2013: Bart Verbraeken won a poster prize at the BPG2013!
- 04/2013: Publication 'pH Degradable dendron-functionalized poly(2-ethyl-2-oxazoline) prepared by a cascade “double-click” reaction' amongst the 10 most downloaded Polymer Chemistry articles in March 2013
- 01/2013: Publication in NATURE by Prof Hoogenboom: 'Responsive biomimetic networks from polyisocyanopeptide hydrogels'
- 11/2012: Publication in Angew Chem Int Ed: 'Hard Autonomous Self-Healing Supramolecular Materials—A Contradiction in Terms?'
Prof. dr. Richard Hoogenboom
Supramolecular Chemistry group
Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry
Krijgslaan 281 S4
B-9000 Ghent, Belgium